By harnessing the wildly creative resources under its roof, Actors Theatre of Louisville aims to create outstanding artistic and learning experiences, where young people of all backgrounds, from elementary school to college, are invited to see plays and make plays.
Curious to learn more about education programs at Actors Theatre? Click on See Plays and discover programming options for preparing and bringing students to the theatre. Or, click on Make Plays and find out how Actors Theatre spreads the joy of playwriting to classrooms throughout our region. Additionally, you’ll find information on teacher professional development, backstage tours, job shadowing and more. If we can be of service to you, your classroom or your students, please contact us at Education@ActorsTheatre.org.
Because Actors Theatre values collaboration, creativity and the wide range of human experience, we bring people together through live theatre to celebrate, challenge and explore who we are.
Actors Education beliefs and goals:
- Young people belong at Actors Theatre of Louisville.
- Everyone is an artist, a student and a teacher.
- Monetary support is necessary to provide outstanding programming.
- To practice learning by doing.
- To cultivate local, regional and national partnerships.
- To activate our theatre’s core values of creativity, collaboration and honoring the wide range of human experience in all that we do.
“Actors Theatre is an irreplaceable source of arts education for students.”
- Yum! Family Series Student Matinee teacher