By harnessing the wildly creative resources under its roof, Actors Theatre of Louisville aims to create outstanding artistic and learning experiences, where young people of all backgrounds, from elementary school to college, are invited to see plays and make plays.
See Plays: discover programming options for preparing and bringing students to the theatre.
Make Plays: find out how Actors Theatre introduces playwriting to classrooms throughout our region.
Additionally, you’ll find information here on teacher professional development, backstage tours, job shadowing and more. If we can be of service to you, your classroom or your students, please contact us at Education@ActorsTheatre.org.
Actors Education beliefs and goals:
- Young people belong at Actors Theatre of Louisville.
- Everyone is an artist, a student and a teacher.
- Monetary support is necessary to provide outstanding programming.
- To practice learning by doing.
- To cultivate local, regional and national partnerships.
- To activate our theatre’s core values of collaboration, creativity, engagement and excellence.
Questions? Please contact the Education Department:
“Actors Theatre is an irreplaceable source of arts education for students.”
- Yum! Family Series Student Matinee teacher