By harnessing the wildly creative resources under its roof, Actors Theatre of Louisville aims to create outstanding artistic and learning experiences, where young people of all backgrounds, from elementary school to college, are invited to see plays and make plays.
TAG and 5×5 Grant applications are now available for the 2016-2017 school year through the Fund for the Arts. Click Here to visit the Fund for the Arts Website for application instructions.
Apply TODAY for funding for the following Actors Theatre Playwriting Residencies:
- New Voices
- A Living Newspaper
- Monologue vs. Dialogue
- Word Play
Click on MAKE PLAYS on the right side of this page to learn more about Actors Theatre’s Playwriting Residencies.
Actors Education beliefs and goals:
- Young people belong at Actors Theatre of Louisville.
- Everyone is an artist, a student and a teacher.
- Monetary support is necessary to provide outstanding programming.
- To practice learning by doing.
- To cultivate local, regional and national partnerships.
- To activate our theatre’s core values of collaboration, creativity, engagement and excellence.
Discover programming options for preparing and bringing students to the theatre.
Find out how Actors Theatre introduces playwriting to classrooms throughout our region.
“Actors Theatre is an irreplaceable source of arts education for students.”
— Yum! Family Series Student Matinee Teacher
New Voices Ten-Minute Play Contest
Additionally, you’ll find information here on teacher professional development, backstage tours, job shadowing and more. If we can be of service to you, your classroom or your students, please contact Education Associate Lexy Leuszler at LLeuszler@ActorsTheatre.org.